QR code scanning and screen brightness

Good day,

We have used ares for many games now and almost every single one in them was someone (or several) who could not scan QR codes from game master screen or general etc etc

What we usually end up doing is turn screen brightness to the maximum just for that moment.
So the question is would you consider to add that feature into ares app that when QR code is displayed the screen brightness would turn max and when you back out would turn back where it was ?

Hi,

We can certainly do that, but first it would be good to have more feedback from our players!

Do you have this issue with all phone models? (iPhone and Android?)

We have mostly android users. Very few iphones and i dont recall do they have had the same issue or not.

For now, just only increases brightness when needed. I did some tests with some new Samsung phones and they scan without any problem even if the brightness is quite low; but I suspect that it has more to do with the quality of the camera of the phone that scans the QR code.
I'm not sure the best approach is to automatically increase the brightness to maximum: most players will probably leave it at maximum and the battery will drain faster. Also, there could be some cases, like playing at night, when you stay hidden and you don't want to increase the light to the maximum, and so on.
We are still experimenting with this option and waiting for feedback from other players.

Scroll to Top